
Here it is ...Thursday already! We're all gearing up for the harvest season. After months of planning, planting, and growing ... it's almost time. The tent is up. The wagons are ready. The buckets are clean. And the workers are ... well, let's just say, they're getting there. Once we start, it's seven days a week ... starting at 7 AM sharp. That means, the wagon leaves at 7, and if you're not there ... it's a long walk back to the corn field! The rumor is ... Opening Day is Friday. Yikes!!! That's tomorrow!!!
As far as I know, we don't have any "rookies" this year, so, everything should go very smoothly ... right?
After a day so humid you could slice the air, we had a gully washer Tuesday afternoon (a little over one inch of rain in 10-15 minutes). Today it will be 90 again. The corn likes it and, right now, that's all that counts. Some of the flowers took a beating from the rain, so I spent yesterday morning staking them back up.
The best news is that I picked up my new camera last night!!! It's a sleek little silver model and we're getting acquainted quickly. I think it's going to be wonderful ... a Canon Sureshot SD 1400.Let's see ... what else? Oh, yes! I was offered a new job yesterday by the boss. He has ordered a new cannon (a gun, not a camera) to do battle with the birds who still think there is such a thing as a free lunch! There was talk of mounting it on the platform on the rear of my golf cart, then having me drive around the corn while the cannon rotates on the back, sporadically firing in all directions to scare the birds. No ammo, just loud noise. This is a paying job. What do you think? :) That's what I thought ...
Well, I've got to go finish reading the new camera manual ... so, more later. I took a few more pictures this week with the borrowed camera. Back soon with pictures of Opening Day!
Gee, that almost sounds like baseball ....

0 comments: